"When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want."

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This Title Will Not Contain Hillsong Lyrics...


... because I'm going to be talking about them right now.
There's a song,  called "Like an Avalanche," that I'm sure almost every Hillsong-loving, Christian has fallen in love with. I can say a lot about the song, like how a friend told me they fell asleep to it because they listened to it so many times after coming home from a conference where we played it during prayer. Or I can talk about how beautiful whoever sings lead in it sounds. It's a good song, it really is. But there's a part in the song where she goes, "Jesus, how I adore you."
And that's the part of the song that gets me. Everything good, eveything I hope to be, and everything I love... That's in Jesus. I adore him. And when you finally tell someone you love a lot that you adore them, it comes from the most honest place inside of you. It moves you.


That's how I feel about a lot of the surrender that's happening in my life. I feel like I know how hard everything is becoming, but I know exactly why I'm doing it. Because I adore Jesus. I adore Him, and I want to become more like Him. And that's a process. But at least I know why I'm going through it. 


Because I adore Him.


Jesus, how I adore you. 

1 comment: