"When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want."

Friday, July 22, 2011

This is Why we Work Hard and Continue to Struggle

I find that some of my best blog posts come out of being broken.

I've been trying to write a blog post for a while, I've even included the lyrics to "Like An Avalanche" by Hillsong in some of my attempts, but it's just not cranking out. So, here is my late-night attempt at encapsulating all my feelings and sharing them with you. To start, I'm pretty darn scared right now. And I know I shouldn't be, but a lot of change is coming my way. It's like, as my seasons change, God gives me more to handle. He gives me more responsibility...so I suppose He trusts me with more.

I'm not so much scared of failing, I'm more scared of how much harder I'm going to have to work to accomplish what's been given to me. It's more.

I see myself a little like Esther. Not that I'm saving a nation or anything, but it's just like, maybe all this stuff is happening now for a reason... for such a time as this... For this season in my life. For this point in whoever I might encounter's life. Maybe God's preparing me to be my own answer to my own, "use me" prayer.

I can hear God tell me about how He wants me to approach what's to come in my life... with Him in mind. He's telling me to remind myself of the 'why' of things. I know the absolutely incredible, Leah, somewhat touched on this in her blog (I can never stop talking about how amazing Leah's blog is... go follow it), and I'm finding I'm learning something really similar, if not the same as her. I'm learning more and more that I have to re-evaluate the reason I am doing things.

I was having one of those off days on Wednesday, one where everything was making me really upset and blah...blah...blah. To add to that, I was running late to my guitar lesson. And. It's kind of pointless to be really late to a music lesson because, for the most part, they don't last that long. At least, the ones I take don't. So when you show up 15 minutes late to a 30-minute lesson, it's just kinda dumb. I was thinking about how annoyed I was and how annoying it was that I was even late and how mad I was at everything in life anyway and how stressed out I was and all my negativity, when the song "You Deserve" came on.

Let me just tell you, I was about to start bawling my eyes out at that stoplight. I was completely convicted by the words of the bridge, where it's like, "I can't imagine a life without You, without You, cuz it's all for You, God!" And they're all just yelling it to God at that one part of the song.

And God reminded me right there, before I even got to the music school. I just felt God go, "What are you even doing music for? What are you doing any of life for?" And I remembered why. I'm not trying to go learn music just so I can go learn music... cuz it's all for Him.

I love it, but it's not the point. I love my life, but even that's not the point. I'm not taking a thirty-five minute drive to a Christian music school just to take a thirty-five minute drive to a Christian music school. I live for God, and everything I do has to be in an effort to lift Him up. He is the point. Whether I'm falling down or walking upright, He's the reason I get up or keep walking. I learn music so I can play, but for His glory and His kingdom... To fulfill a calling I know He has placed on me, not one I've given myself.

And that's what my mentality has to be towards everything.

Why do I suck it up when people mistreat me for no reason? God. Why do I go to school? God. Why do I bother praying or staying up late when I'm exhausted to read my Bible? God. Why do I even try to build relationships with the people around me? To spread the love of God.

There's no other point but Jesus.

...this line scripture caught my eye today.

1 Timothy 4:10

"...This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers."


So that's why I move. That's why I breathe...
That's why I'm writing right now, and that's why I got out of bed this morning...

God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers.


p.s. . . speaking of Hillsong, their CD comes out in four days...on my wonderful friend, Sydney's birthday! Go, buy it...and follow her blog!


...and, speaking of change, my bff, Teri, who has a lovely fashion blog, took the picture I now have as a new background on here...you should follow her blog! She knows her stuff and loves Jesus a ton...


They're both amazing people!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emnet, you always know how to get to the core of exactly how I'm feeling at moments. I think God is teach many people this concept of doing it all of Christ. P. Aaron just did a 3 minutes of power video about it on Fb and he also has a post on fb about it. Thats when we know that the holy spirit is truly trying to tell us something, when he's speaking the same thing to more than person. We know that God really wants us to grasp the fact of what he is speaking. Do it all for Christ. Keep shining his light for his glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emnet. I feel like my life is this way! You have such a ways with words it blows. my mind.

    ReplyDelete