"When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want."

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Times Tootsie Pops and Starburst are Absolutely Called For

 Remember what I blogged last night about being in a winter-ish seaosn and how that can sometimes bring unexpected snow days? Guess what today brought....

Ohh, yeahh.

But it's not like I knew about it or anything when I was writing, I was in my new room... in my basement... so I couldn't even see what it looked like outside, my analogy just kinda came to life.

So that leads me to blog again and to remember God's grace. Ahh.

I feel like there's no need to worry about anything anymore. Like, anything.
When I let go and let God I get... well, snow days.

It's been hard feeling like the whole world is against me, or like someone is out to ruin all my plans (which someone is- the devil), but it's really nice to just truly understand what God means when He says,


"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." - Jeremiah 29:11 MSG.


You know how in Extreme Makeover: Home Edition it looks crazy when they knock the entire house down and then it looks amazing what they put up in its place? That's what I'm seeing God wants to do with our lives when we hand them to Him. And when we start screaming, "What do you think you're doing??" when we see He's completely tearing our houses down, He gives us Jeremiah 29:11 as a response- "I know what I'm doing. And, I'm God, so it's gonna be beautiful..."

These days I feel I'm set up to fail, like I'm just digging myself out of a hole or fighting a losing battle that I just go through the motions to fight, but God reminds me in Joshua 1:5 that it's just the opposite.

I'm giving you every square inch of the land you set your foot on—just as I promised Moses... It's all yours. All your life, no one will be able to hold out against you. In the same way I was with Moses, I'll be with you. I won't give up on you; I won't leave you.

For me that verse just says, "you're gonna win. All this stuff you're up against? It's gonna be all yours soon." 


So I'm going to obey Matthew 6:25 and just chill out. Let go and let God.


Ohhh. And sometimes just take all the candy that the snow day calls for - for the body and the soul (before you start your lovely homework). Have a beautiful, worry-free day, ya'll.
=)

4 comments:

  1. Ah beautiful! I'm ready for an EXTREME makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for an extreme makeover! I actually feel like im right in the middle of one so I just need to trust God :)
    But this really ministered to me with where I'm at right now. Love you Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOTALLY just called you Jess and TOTALLY didn't mean to! Haha it's bcuz I was reading jesses post on another link and got mixed up! Soo sorry Emnet! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I've felt like just about everything is designed for us to fail, or purposefully aims to make us not realize our true worth and capabilities. I have had to encourage myself nearly everyday these last few months, and audibly speaking "I know that you are for me" every morning has become my battlecry.

    ReplyDelete