"When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want."

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fill me up until I'm overflowing.

So...It's a new dawn, it's a new day and not just because the 2011 calendar says it, but because "His mercies are new EVERY morning." Seeing as its a new day, there are new things I want from this day and the many days following. The one word God has placed on my heart for this year would easily have to be "more." It's almost as though He is saying, "You think You've tasted me?" More. It's the one thing I was so afraid to ask for, but I feel like my Spirit is almost daring me to do it. To ask God for more of His blessings, for more of His face, and, even, for more of His grace. I don't know... It hurts because I don't want to be asking for "too much," but that is one of the most prideful statements I could ever make: to limit grace. To even consider I've ever earned ANYTHING He's given me nevertheless my next breath. To make it seem like, because I haven't done enough, God won't provide "abundantly" more than I could ask for. Like, what??

So, for this new season, I want more.

But not more of my little earthly possessions (although, I'm not going to lie, one in particular would be #nicceee).

More of Him.

I need to become a little more crazy. It's hard, but it's what I am called to be. Don't believe me?

Think about it.
I trust completely in a God I've never seen,

I put my life into the hands of a man I've never met,

and would gladly die for Him if it ever came down to living without Him.

I believe someone I've never met will take me to a place I've never been, and I am called crazy for it, not only that, but I can't seem to get crazy enough about it. But, that's okay because that's the one thing I want more of. . .

More faith.

I want more surrender.  Yeah, more loss, losing myself by the day to make more room for Him.


More. More. More.
I am a child who has tasted and then become hungry, and this child won't stop until she gets more. Lord knows when the day she will be fully satisfied is; when she will find herself completely saturated in His presence where she can't ask for more. When His glory is FULLY embraced, then and, only then, do I resolve to stop wanting more.

Until then, I want more and I'm going to get it when it's time, until the very day that the Lord appears.

HAPPY NEW DAY EVERYBODY!!! Today *and tomorrow* is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be #glad in it... Because He might just give me more even tomorrow than I wanted yesterday..


How crazy is that??

1 comment:

  1. I want to join in with you. To yearn for more of Him. Oh, it makes me smile to know your heart for this year is all about more of Him. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete