"When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want."

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"It's your love, it's your love that has saved me."

Whoa..
Two posts in one day! I don't have too much to say this time apart from the fact that I think the key to overcoming circumstances is to understand that His love conquers all, and His strength is made perfect in our weakness


  • "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9


It's an amazing thing when a human being, naturally proud, can forget about themselves and their circumstances long enough to worship GOD, the maker of everything... and, in doing that, they are s e t  f r e e. When you lose yourself, you eventually find God. 




God opposes the proud. He always has. Let's be humble in heart and admit that we're wrong, yes, but, even more, let's actually try to stop focusing on ourselves and turn our focus and direction on Him, and that is the greatest sign of humility- not thinking of yourself as important enough to be first in your own life anymore; giving God the reign over your life. 

You've all seen this skit before, I'm sure, but think of it as it applies to yourself. Think of your situations and where you're at and where God is with you. He is beautiful really, and just a glimpse of Him gives me peace that passes all understanding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA&playnext=1&list=PL967758B68F575353&index=28

In His presence is the only place I want to be, and the only place I constantly run to after trials and tests and failures and laughs and blessings and fun times and happy days. ALWAYS. It's HIM I constantly desire to experience. HIM who gives me such an amazing experience and takes the weight off my shoulders every time He fills me with His Spirit. 


4 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! Oh wow Emnet, God is raising you up in a strong woman of God and I see you reaching many many souls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emnet, that's SO true! I loved reading this because I think it's very important for me to grab a hold of this at this point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even though of that perspective: that we are even prideful when we dwell on our own situations, even if it seems that we are going to God with it. That true humility comes from focusing our efforts on the One who deserves it most. And I love that.

    Ooh and that skit is so powerful! The Pulse drama team did a re-enactment of it a while back and it was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Elizebeth! Syd, Im glad! Sonia- I've heard it said that "humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less." it's just a very different perspective because people sometimes make being humble sound like you hate yourself, haha. I mean, I'm sure Jesus didn't hate himself.

    ReplyDelete