"When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want."

Monday, January 3, 2011

There's so many places I could go with this, and this might be the right one

So I just spent a lot of time (for a weeknight) writing a blog post all about fear and "where's God when I'm scared?" I spent about an hour and a half writing all that to get the feelings off my chest, but I really felt led to just delete it and start from the beginning again. I wrote about the giant I was facing and how I'm now feeling more doom and dread than I am hope because I saw my situation and it looked a lot bigger than my resources. I talked all about my problem and THEN started writing about how I could fix it with God. I don't have words to describe my frustrations, but I don't really want to spend my time trying. I asked for more of God, so I'm going to feed more off His word than trying to find my own. I feel I'm being tested... Already. So it's also "already" time to encourage myself in the Lord.

Bible time.

What does the Bible say about my fear and desperation so early on in the game?

"God, I'm afraid. Will you help me or will you let me fail?"- Emnet

Emnet,
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

I really have no more words, but I'm okay with that. I need more of His not my own, and I can already tell you I'm feeling better as it is. I guess today I learned the importance of hiding His word in my heart, no matter the turmoil around it...

5 comments:

  1. I feel like we have all given so much into a post about our frustrations just to be deleted--but that's alright. Sometimes even better so that our worries and concerns can be given completely over to our Provider. Emnet, you're incredible. You are very mature in so many ways and I love that you realize how vital it is for us to encourage ourselves in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so encouraged by your weakness, and I don't mean this in a bad way!
    "Remain in me" was what Jesus said in John 15:4. We must be weak to entrust all who we are (failures and inquities...even our unfaithfulness) to the hands of Him who is trustworthy and true. So today, beloved, I tell you to remain and abide in Him. He'll take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sonia, that really means a lot. I've seen myself and others in this place so many different times, but it's time to change the situation. Also, I love the advice! Thank you for the verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes God has to break you to draw you closer to him, so that you can see him more! It is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL thing I think to show up broken at God's feet, because he will take care of you! I love you and I am so excited to see you grow in God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true though! Ive found myself at that place many times and ive never regretted it. Thanks, Morgan! I love you very mucho and I catch myself thinking about what you said at wb more and more often nowadays, with the whole rubber band analogy, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete