"When the years are showing on my face, and my strongest days are gone...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want...You'll still be the one I want."

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"My heart's in constant chaos."

I am literally facing one of the most stressful weeks of my life... And it's great, haha. No joke. I'm literally counting down the days until it is over, but I don't think I'd have it any other way. I strongly dislike the content of what I have to face, but I know I have a God who is bigger than any of these things, and I sound crazy and rambling because I have two minutes to write this post before I have to run off and be swept back into my crazy life of schoolwork and family... Mostly schoolwork. It's five in the morning and I have a thousand and one things to do, yet, the only thing I really want to do is just worship God. He is really the only thing I truly want out of many things, and I'm dying to spend time with Him. I can't remember the last time I felt like the world was trying to shove me into the ground and have me dig my own grave like this, but I feel like simply KNOWING God is there and for me would suffice above everything else I could even ask for. I don't know. I don't even know why I'm writing, seeing as I should be getting in some last minute studying before rushing off into my day, but I wanted to just stop and worship God through my recognition. Worship is much more than a song, and I want to do a bit this morning before I get consumed by my daily worries. oh that the true worshippers would worship in spirit and in truth... This is the truth I will hold fast to today:

Psalms 118:4-7

4 Let those who fear the LORD say: "His love endures forever." 5 In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. 6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? 7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I will look in tri


If He is for me, then who can stand against me? Myself? Nahh.... He will deliver me. My pain has only left me even more thirsty. I serve an EVERLASTING God. Well, until my sanity returns, friends! :)


This week is teaching me so much already, and it just started. May my hands be emptied, God.

2 comments:

  1. 1 Corinthians 10:13 "... But you can trust God who will not permit you to be tempted more than you can stand." In the first chapter of Job The Devil came to God and God had to ALLOW the Devil to put Job through everything he went through... Job lost SOOOO much, EVERYTHING, yet he still worshipped God. God is giving you this trial for a reason and you will come out stronger than before!
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. How He Loves Us - David Crowder "He is Jealous for me, LOVES like a hurricane, I am a tree, Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.." Sway girl, sway ;) just.. BE in his mercy and love. because he is GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete